Hi,
Have you looked at the Walker in bluebird?
Each limb can be moved independently, and orchestrated into an animation
of walking, etc.

You could study the rotation points used there, if nothing else.

Curtis Olson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a developer who can help me get over the hump with
> animating and AC3d model.  This model is of a human figure.

> In flightgear, are the coordinates we specify as the center point of
> rotation global (i.e. relative to the whole model?)  Or are they
> relative to the local coordinate system of the sub-component?  Since
> this is a simple human figure, there is some cascading / grouping I
> want to maintain ... i.e. a shoulder rotation and then an elbow rotation.

Just keep the elbow a parent of the fore-arm and wrist,
the shoulder a parent to the upper-arm and elbow,
etc.

walker.xml has the center of rotation points defined near the top, for
each child limb as labeled.

Stewart