On 7 Apr 2010, at 03:36, Ron Jensen wrote:

> I like the idea of using some standardized properties
> under /sim/realism/ and retrofitting all aircraft to respect start-dark
> or something similar.
>
> I am also firmly against turning on aircraft to aircraft collisions.

Aircraft-aircraft collisions should definitely be another realism flag, but I
don't know where the OSG intersection 'knobs' for that are :)

I'll look into the /sim/realism/start-parked 'soon' (probably May or June),
that gives plenty of time for people to debate the default parking position :)
Any heuristic will have its problems, but since since the default is going to
remain start-parked=false (i.e, start on the active runway as we currently do)
hopefully it will be tolerable.

start-dark (or more likely, an 'autostart' property) is mostly out of my hands,
I can define the property and a standard menu item, but then the acft need to
be updated to use it.

James