On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 09:45 +0300, thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi wrote:
> I've tested some large visibility range bad weather cloud configurations
> yesterday, and I've noticed something:
>
> The light in the scenery, especially for sunrise and sunset, is
> beautifully tuned for fair weather conditions. However, underneath a thick
> layer, having rosy-hued golden morning light is plainly not the right
> lighting - it should be much more greyish. Also, underneath thick cloud
> layers, it should get darker.
>
> I wonder how difficult it would be to expose a control parameter for the
> ambient light which would allow to dial down the light to a darker, less
> saturated scheme from Nasal - this could then be used to get the lighting
> underneath layers better under control.

The main problem is that it's actually the code that generates the
values and setting. If you are adjusting the corresponding properties
from NASAL (they are in the property tree already) they will be
overwritten the next frame. I think it would be way easier to implement
this in the C++ code from the beginning, hacking away to allow NASAL to
adjust them probably would be more work.

Erik