As requested I have today tested with VC2010 and all the pre-compiled
versions of OSG that I have available.

These are OSG 2,8.4 and OSG trunk (at present OSG 2.9.12) from
http://openscenegraph.alphapixel.com/osg/downloads/free-openscenegraph-binary-downloads

and  and OSG 2.9.10 from
ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Win32/MSVC/).

I have black sky in all 3 as we have discussed in
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27467054.

I did not bother with a cmake for each of these , just copied the OSG bin,
include and lib directories to my
C:\FlightGear\install\msvc100\OpenSceneGraph directory and then did a
build-clean followed by a build and install of both simgear and flightgear.

The random yelllow text bug was apparent on the splash screens as well.

Alan