From: "Martin Spott" <martin.sp...@mgras.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:15 PM
Newsgroups: list.flightgear-devel
To: <flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Testing OSG-trunk / bug issue #268

> ThorstenB wrote:
>
>> Thanks Curt, that sounds very much like a possible reason. Was that a
>> change to fg/sg or fgdata? Anyone remembers the exact commit?
>
> As far as I remember, it's related to "Lauri Peltonen" and "sky dome",
> it's implementing a shader (among other stuff) and was indeed meant to
> bring FG closer to how the sky looks in real life: black  :-)
> I'd have a few commits on offer which might be related, but at least
> one of them is hiding the possible changes in a big reformatting rush
> (preferences.xml).

Thorsten, Martin.

There is a reference to the black sky problem on the forum at
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11274&start=30 by
"Zan", the author of the atmospheric scattering patch .

I have been trying various cloud combinations with an aircraft parked on the
runway, but so far have not made any visible changes.

Alan