I seem to recall we changed the clear color to black recently.  It may be
that with 2d clouds we were depending on the clear color matching the fog
color for correct rendering?  I'm not sure what the motivation for changing
the clear color was, but I'm guessing it was related to the sky dome or
drawing space views???

Curt.

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:30 PM, ThorstenB <bre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18.05.2011 18:16, Alan Teeder wrote:
> > As requested I have today tested with VC2010 and all the pre-compiled
> > versions of OSG that I have available.
> >
> > These are OSG 2,8.4 and OSG trunk (at present OSG 2.9.12) from
> >
> http://openscenegraph.alphapixel.com/osg/downloads/free-openscenegraph-binary-downloads
> > and  and OSG 2.9.10 from
> > ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Win32/MSVC/).
> >
> > I have black sky in all 3 as we have discussed in
> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27467054.
> >
> > I did not bother with a cmake for each of these , just copied the OSG
> bin,
> > include and lib directories to my
> > C:\FlightGear\install\msvc100\OpenSceneGraph directory and then did a
> > build-clean followed by a build and install of both simgear and
> flightgear.
> >
> > The random yelllow text bug was apparent on the splash screens as well.
>
> Ok, thanks for testing Alan. At LinuxTag we actually noticed an issue
> that happened when 3D clouds were disabled. Whenever flying in between
> 2D cloud sheets, the sky turned black (with white 2D clouds) - really
> ugly. Didn't happen with 3D cloud support enabled. And we figured that's
> a genuine FG bug, which must have been introduced only recently. Might
> be the result of some shader change (maybe by introducing the new sky
> dome shader, but not sure). Do you see a difference when
> enabling/disabling 3D cloud support?
>
> cheers,
> Thorsten

Curtis Olson: