On 18.05.2011 20:39, Curtis Olson wrote:
> I seem to recall we changed the clear color to black recently.  It may
> be that with 2d clouds we were depending on the clear color matching the
> fog color for correct rendering?  I'm not sure what the motivation for
> changing the clear color was, but I'm guessing it was related to the sky
> dome or drawing space views???

Thanks Curt, that sounds very much like a possible reason. Was that a
change to fg/sg or fgdata? Anyone remembers the exact commit? Again,
would be great if s.o. could test the 2D cloud / sky-color behaviour
with and without the specific "clear color"-patch. If that patch was the
cause, then we may need to revert it - and find a better solution.

cheers,
Thorsten