On Sun, 2011-05-22 at 16:59 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> Your submission is touching various places, therefore please expect
> various people (maintainers) to have their specific opinion on this.
> For example I could envision that those who are keeping an eye on the
> AI aicraft collection might appreciate the submission to be split into
> specific parts - as do I for the Scenery-related files.

Absolutely.

> I'm not generally against adding specific per-airport jetway
> definitions into FlightGear as a whole, but I think we should talk
> about the details of the "where".  Look, we're already distributing
> airport-specific ground networks, why not accompagny the jetway
> positions alongside the other airport-specific stuff instead of
> creating yet another, new directory.

Ah, I forgot about the ground network directories. I propose the
definitions be moved to
$FG_ROOT/AI/Airports/<ICAO>/jetways.xml

> I'm a bit uncertain if I understand correctly - would you bother
> rephrasing in different words ?

Adding the models in Terrasync won't make a difference, because the
script always loads models from $FG_ROOT/Models- it's pretty much blind
to other scenery directories and /sim/paths/use-custom-scenery-data,
like the UFO. That's why I decided to contribute them directly to Git
instead of sending them to you beforehand. With a few tweaks in the
script, I could change that if anybody wishes.