Ryan M wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-22 at 16:59 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:

>> [...] Look, we're already distributing
>> airport-specific ground networks, why not accompagny the jetway
>> positions alongside the other airport-specific stuff instead of
>> creating yet another, new directory.
>
> Ah, I forgot about the ground network directories. I propose the
> definitions be moved to
> $FG_ROOT/AI/Airports/<ICAO>/jetways.xml

I see, we're getting closer  :-)
Now, since the most recent version of the ground network files are
distributed via TerraSync, I'd propose to place the jetway files in the
same directories. This would indeed require your scripts to look into
the custom scenery directories as well - which would be the preferred
option, because, as already mentioned, I'd like to reduce the
dependency of Scenery from the Base Package.

The preferred way of referencing custom scenery data would be to have
some sort of variable as a reference for all subsystems/routines which
would refer to these directories, but I have to admit that I'm not
entirely certain about the current state.  I'd say this is something
worth checking before we proceed.

Cheers,
        Martin.