On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 10:36 +0300, thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi wrote:
> > I'll see what I can come up with this weekend.
>
> Thanks, much appreciated!

I've pushed a code change to be able to control the amount of light
scattering (or absorption) of the fog by adjusting
the /rendering/scene/scattering property. A value of 1.0 is full
scattering and a value of 0.0 is full absorption (unrealistic). The
default is set to 0.8 now.

This did however revealed a sun position and for brightness position
mismatch that I've confirmed was already in the code before this change.
I can't believe no one noticed the massive offset at dusk (for KSFO)
before.

> > On another note: I seem to remember you had another request for the
> > weather system but I was too busy to remember it. Do you remember what
> > that was?
>
> I was toying with the idea to model diffuse high-altitude haze by coloring
> the skydome as a function of altitude, i.e. paint the zenith a bit more
> hazy without touching the horizon and remove that effect again as you get
> above the haze layer - I believe that might create a better impression of
> such diffuse layers than placing texture sheets into the scene.

Ah yes, that was it, need to take another look at that then.

Erik