On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:03:43 -0500, Curtis wrote in message
<CAHtsj_cKv-ZEsXm-1h_+QVZtRUez6yUBHmLzccs=4jk=myr...@mail.gmail.com>:

> I have something here that I think is kind of fun.  I've been
> fiddling with this off and on since last fall and decided it was time
> to clean it up a bit and quit hording all the fun for myself.
> Basically I have taken the F-14b and created a high performance Navy
> "drone" out of it.  It can auto-launch from a carrier, auto fly a
> route (if you've input one) and can do circle holds (compensating for
> wind.)  I've added a simulated gyro stabilized camera that will point
> at anything you click on and then hold that view steady no matter
> what the airplane does (similar to what real uav's can do.)

..you saw these?  TDL allows tracking moving targets, like your A380:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1GhNXHCQGsM
http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/Z.Kalal/
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/31/zdenek-kalals-object-tracking-algorithm-learns-on-the-fly-like/

> I put together a quick web page that includes more of an explanation
> and description of what the demo does.  I have a link to a zip file
> you need to download.  This must be extracted over the top of the
> existing f-14b as per the installation instructions on the following
> web site:
>
>     http://www.flightgear.org/uas-demo/

..now, will FG run on a pee wee eeepc?