On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:10:29 -0500, Curtis wrote in message
<CAHtsj_f6u5=_2hgcxdtxho1tvtiup+gex-bphtpciafjy0f...@mail.gmail.com>:

> Hi Geoff (and Arnt, et. al.)
>
> I have another update to try.  This one drives the roll angle by
> manipulating the ailerons directly, rather than trying to modify
> /controls/flight/SAS-roll.  SAS-roll worked for me, and I was just
> following the example of the existing f-14b dg-heading controller.
> But driving /control/flight/aileron seems to work just as well for
> me.  If there is some sort of order of execution problem with nasal
> or something conflicting with SAS-roll, perhaps this will work
> better?  I'd be interested in hearing if it helps if anyone gets a
> chance to try it.

..roll is _much_ smoother, for Alpha05, copy your success on the
elevators too.

..on start-up, I overshoot the altitude by around 4000feet,
so now I have time to try the "Go home" button.  Wild enough
ride, blackouts alternating with redouts, but it climbs out.

..on resets, I still land in the cockpit and are immediately
launched into the drink, first run T/O were tracking left on
the deck and rolling off it to the left, on my second run,
both to the right, as if I had an one side flame-out on the
get-go.