I went with the Vinson because it is spiffier.  Everything should
(theoretically) work the same and just as well from the Nimitz.  I believe
the deck geometries are identical in FlightGear (conveniently.) ;-)

Curt.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Arnt Karlsen <a...@c2i.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:36:45 +0200, Citronnier wrote in message
> <4e7b9c5d.6080...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Le 22/09/2011 22:04, Arnt Karlsen a écrit :

> > > ..the Navy guys fly approaches using AOA, not speeds, AFAIK.
> > And a max 6000 lbs fuel in the tanks.
> > FG's f-14b is quite tricky to fly with what is *supposed* to be the
> > right AoA for approach. Side departure happen easily if your aren't
> > smooth enough in your final turn.
>
> ..and it does not like to T/O and climb on idle power, all Launch!!!
> button action I see is wild pre-crash oscillations, the Reset button
> tosses me into the cockpit rather than in the camera.
>
> ..Curtis, any reason your demo needs the USS Vinson, rather than a
> renamed USS Nimitz copy?
>
> ..Alexis, any changes to the f-14b since FG-1.9.1?
>
> > Curt, I didn't test yet, sorry, lake of time, but the last mods on
> > properties in engines.nas and instrument.nas should be comited soon.
> >
> > Happy to see you all playing with the beast :-)
> >
> > Alexis

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org