I think the original intention was to keep the read/write together and
centralized so it was easier to keep format changes compatible.  That said,
I haven't been tracking terragear-cs changes so I don't know what version of
simgear they are using or if they've made other changes around this area.

Curt.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM, James Turner <zakal...@mac.com> wrote:

> On 1 Oct 2011, at 15:37, Curtis Olson wrote:
>
> > We need to modify the loader in simgear as well as the format generation
> code in terragear.  Right now the indices are packed as 2-byte short ints in
> the binary .btg file so of course making a change only to the simgear side
> will do nothing to fix the problem.
> >
> > Whatever we do needs to happen in close coordination with the terragear
> code in order to make sure that the changes match and are sane and
> reasonable from both perspectives.
> >

> Okay, but the relevant source file (sg_binobj) appears to contain both the
> read *and* write code paths - which is really what I was asking - is the
> write logic in sg_binobj.cxx the one terragear uses, or 'something else'?
>
> James

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org