Hi Vivian,

Sorry for the long delay, also in face of the pending release.
Thanks for the suggestions.

On Sunday, January 15, 2012 19:08:17 Vivian Meazza wrote:
> On the other hand, if you are trying to tell aircraft modelers not to use
> these forms (.dds .ivs) of compression, then:
>
> "Image "D:/Git_New/my_fgdata/Textures/Terrain/sand6.dds" uses compressed
> textures which may be unsupported some systems. To remove this alert,
> decompress this texture."
>
> My concern with the latter form is that it only applies to very limited
> number of aircraft models and developers, while it is at best meaningless to
> the user, and may lead to confusion.
Yes, the usual user might ask 'what should I do?'

What about:
Image "..."
uses compressed textures which cannot be supported on some systems.
Please decompress this texture for improved portability.

So, instead of waiting for a reply now I just commit this now as I do want
that change in the release also.
So, that I just committed this so far does *not* mean that I don't care for
the answer!

Also I will commit a lowered warning level for the *release branch* only.

Thanks

Mathias