On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:54:40 -0600, Curtis Olson wrote:
> Hi Martin and Olivier,
>
> I thought that windturbine orientation was correct in the past -- so
> please use due diligence to identify if the problem is just a
> misorientaiton of the base model, or if one of the components of the
> wind vector was reversed (or the code that takes the wind(east) and
> wind(north) components and derives the heading is correct.)
>
> If only east/west component is reversed, I dont think changing the
> base model orientation will actually fix the problem for all wind
> directions.

It may be from people submitting positions with an incorrect heading
set. Since the model obviously turns into wind the heading should be 0
in the database, though this appears as 180 in the stg file. If
someone's submitted a hand crafted stg file with all the headings set to
0 by mistake then it could explain the problem. I'll have a look when I
get home from work.

--
Jon Stockill
li...@stockill.net