Curtis Olson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Martin Spott <martin.sp...@mgras.net>wrote:

>> What about introducing ".ttg" as a new file format in FlightGear - "t"
>> as *t*rue heading ....  and because "t" is the successor to "s"  :-)
>> This would get rid of a big of annoyance in FG Scenery land.
>

> What's the annoyance and why would changing the file extension name address
> it?

The annoyance is the current orientation of objects in .stg-files.
Defining 0 degrees in the south and turning anti-clockwise is not too
appropriate in aviation land.  A different filename extension would
permit a smooth transition, thus introducing true heading and counting
clockwise for Scenery objects, without breaking backwards
compatibility.

Cheers,
        Martin.