Vic wrote:

> > consuming. But be assured that most new options are easily turned off.
> > <<<
>
> Sorry, but I think the point is being missed here.
>
> Where is the sense in making very impressive advancements to FG, if the
> average user has to turn most of them off in order to get a usable fps.

The point is that those have  halfway decent hardware can use the new
features, and those who haven't can't. If we want to make the effort - well
that's free.  If we could find a way of doing shadows etc. which could run
on older hardware then we would. Perhaps as development continues we will be
able to optimise the system to find more framerate.

By the way - just how old is the hardware you are using? The hardware needed
to run this stuff can be picked up on eBay for peanuts.

Vivian