On 20 December 2010 15:12, Julian Leviston <jul...@leviston.net> wrote:

> On 21/12/2010, at 2:01 AM, Reuben Thomas wrote:
>
> (A lot of stuff... snipped)
>
> if I am having a conversation with my friend about some new movie we're going
> to make, and I write down on a page "New Movie",
>
> But now you want to see my scrapbook!!
>
> Do you understand?

Making a movie is not the same as doing research, and I am asking to
see the scrapbook as it is written, not at the end. Most code bases in
any case end up throwing away far less than most movie developments.
If FONC does what it says on the tin, they may end up being a rare
counterexample, but I wouldn't mind betting that one would find few
commits to their repositories which rewrite the entire thing.

But mostly, this is nothing to do with making movies, pregancy, or any
of the other analogies we've had.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org