At 14:27 12/03/02, Keiron Liddle wrote:
> > FOP behaves exactly the same but instead of having its own pdf
> generation code then iText is
 > used as a library to generate pdf.

I agree that if anything iText could be considered as a "plugin" for PDF
generation and FOP as an XSL:FO processor which could use iText to generate
the end result. I think however it would require a significant software
change which I am not qualified to estimate. Those more familiar with the
FOP source code can evaluate that.

> > So the questions are:
> > - is the license useable
> > - is the api sufficient for FOP to use

A look at Sourceforge tells us that the licenCes (bloody Americans can't
spell English words) are
License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), Mozilla Public License 1.1

If Bruno is still the copyright holder then he can presumably simply "add"
an Apache-style licence.
I don't feel comfortable using the LGPL for this and don't know about the
Mozilla license.

Now I can't even find the exact text of these on the sourceforge site but I
know they must be somewhere.

I suppose I could always just download the software since the licences will
be in the software package, no?

Alex