J. Pietschmann wrote:

<fo:block> are

> Rectangular areas, perhaps indented and with border, padding
> and other individual traits, nested into a rectangular area.

I understand setting traits, properties. How about page layout, setting
inline and baseline postitions? Does it imply a unconditional CRLF?

What does the input below look look like on the page?

<fo:block>
        level_0_text fills to position A
        <fo:block>
                level_1_text positioned at A fills to position B
        </fo:block>
        more level_0_text positioned at B
</fo:block>

Hansuli Anderegg