> At 05:15 PM 5/19/02, you wrote:
> >There may be still an issue about the actual vertical
> >position of an overline.
>
> Yes, I expect so; since java.awt.Font contains no specification
> for where to put the underline (as I pointed out in my code comments.)
> Unfortunately my word processor doesn't know about overlines, so I
> can't even suggest a precedent.

Have you seen the methods getStrikethroughOffset() and
getUnderlineOffset() on LineMetrics? I've used the StrikethroughOffset
but left in your method of determining the underline position.

> btw: On my wp, the top of a superscript appears to lie 1 or 2 graphics
> units above the uppercase ascender; I guess I'd try putting the overline
> a hair above that.

How would you express that in Java? getAscent() returns values that
result overlines to be printed over the previous line's underline
position. That's why I took "0.8 * getAscent()".

> >And there are sporadic hiccups with the inline
> >space text decorations which probably are a result of poor rounding.
> >I haven't found out yet.
>
> I don't doubt that - you might notice several places in AwtRenderer
> (marked aml/rlc) where we tweaked the integer arithmetic slightly
> to avoid such hiccups.
>
> On the larger issue of printing, I've made no progress yet; am hoping
> to get to it in a day or two;  btw: I noticed that in another post Peter is
> testing expectations for 0.20.4 -- at the very least, when that starts
> getting real, it will light a fire under me re printing.   ;-)
>
> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Often too little time, but working on it...

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch