Victor Mote wrote:

I hope I am not out of line to ask an even more fundamental question -- do
we like our current name?
I like it. First of all "FOP" is well-known among the whole xml community for ages (what costs much) and secondly "fop" word has a meaning itself wrt eXtensible stylesheet language. The Webster says about "fop":

Entry Word: fop
Function: noun
Text: a man who is conspicuously fashionable or elegant in dress or appearance <felt contempt for the mincing overdressed fop>
Synonyms Beau Brummel, blood, buck, coxcomb, dandy, dude, exquisite, gallant, lounge lizard, macaroni, petit-maître, popinjay
Related Word fashion plate, silk stocking; blade, cavalier, man-about-town, spark, sport, swell; ladies' man, lady-killer, masher
Idioms man of the world

I never have a problem writing it, but when
speaking it, I cannot make my mouth say "fop", but invariably say
"eff-oh-pee" instead.
May I ask why? (Sorry, after spending the whole day in the beach I'm a liitle bit stupid :)

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team