1. This is an alternative way I try to solve the FOP absolute
positoned block-container issue.

2. The FOP version is fop-0.20.5 with batik jar and tried with
batik version 1.5.

3. As we have sent back and forth the question and answers so
many times, can someone doing the SVG for FOP please take a look
at my batik extension code and help me solve the problem? I hope
someone know the details of both FOP and SVG may help me.
I am affraid that FOP does not contain Batik extension because
FOP developor did not feel it is easy to add.

Thanks a lot.

Jay

> > Jihai Qiu wrote:
> > > The CCS engine for the document is set in
> > > BridgeContext.initializeDocument(), which is called by
> > > org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(). But it seems
there is no way
> > > to set CCS engine from FOP classes(such as BatikElement).
(I do
> > not want to
> > > modify Batik source code).

flowText element.

> > > For the svg elements, FOP extension maps <svg> to
SVGElement
> > and all other
> > > tags to SVGObj. I am using the same approach for batik
extensions:
> > > <flowText> to BatikElement and all other tags to BatikObj.
BatikElement
> > > creates the root document for batik namespace.
> >
> >     You can't really render an SVG document as a bunch of
> > disconnected pieces.
> >

> If this *is* related to the 'absolute positioned
block-container' issue, I
> think the SVG approach,  in this case, might be complicating
matters
> unnecessarily (though I must admit, it might seem the only
viable
> alternative right now, apart from somehow 'preprocessing' your
fo to make it
> contain 'exact' coordinates where needed...)

> > > It seems Batik requires each child of SVG element must be
SVG
> > element( or
> > > belongs to same document).
> > > <svg> Batik DOM element is created through
SVGDOMImplmentation, while
> > > <flowText> Batik DOM element is created through
> > > ExtensibleSVGOMImplementation. I have to have a different
root document
> > > for all the batik extension elements, otherwise the system
uses
> > > SVGDOMImplementation to create generic DOM element.
> >
> >    It sounds like you want to make a small change so FOP
uses the
> > ExensibleSVGDOMImplementation instead of
SVGDOMImplementation for all
> > the elements.

> > > How to do this? I stuck in this problem now and do not
know
> > what to do the
> > > next. Can someone please help me implement this batik
extension in FOP?

> >    I don't think you can really fix this without making
changes in FOP.
> > It looks like you might be able to just change the init
method in
> > SVGElement.
> >

> Just to be on the safe side: in the meantime, we still don't
know which
> version(s) of batik/fop are being used here... ;)
>
> but apart from that, if the ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation
behaves
> completely the same way... this might be worth a little patch.
The