Hi Glen,

So there already is such a constant:

batik.extension.svg.BatikExtConstants.BATIK_EXT_NAMESPACE_URI.

   I shouldn't add this to ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation as
it is exactly that extensible.  The set of Namespaces it
supports is determined at run time based on the Service Provider
Interface.  I could add methods to query what namespaces have
been registered with it but registration is actually on a
per-element basis (namespace + localName) - so it might have
one or two elemets borrowed from other namespaces.  This isn't
that big an issue at this point since the only extensions
I am aware of are the Batik ones which are all in the above
namespace.

   Do you want to add an interface for getting the list of
namespaces that it has elements registered under (just SVG,
Batik for right now)?

Glen Mazza wrote:
Jay,

Please type this up in Bugzilla so we don't forget it.
(http://xml.apache.org/fop/bugs.html)--Also include
this sample as an attachment to the bug.  No time
guarantees can be given, however.

In the meantime, Thomas, I don't think I can just
switch our SVGElementMapping implementation from
SVGDOMImplementation to ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation

because the namespaces are different. I'll need to
add another ElementMapping to production and
development.

*But*, as you can see in our SVGElementMapping
implementation, we rely on a constant
SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI.

File below:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/extensions/svg/SVGElementMapping.java?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

To facilitate this change, could you create a
similar--of whatever name--namespace constant in your
ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation class--probably it
should be "http://xml.apache.org/batik/ext";.

Thanks,
Glen

--- Jay Chiu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Attached please find a sample fo file with embedded
svg object.
You may also take a look at the batik samples,
xml-batik/samples/extensions/flow/flowtext.svg

FOP does support the base SVG 1.1 funcationality as
Batik
supports. But SVG 1.1 does not support more flexible
text
feature, such as text can not wrap onto multiple
lines.

--- Thomas DeWeese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have to have a
different root document

for all the batik extension elements, otherwise

the system uses

SVGDOMImplementation to create generic DOM

element.

  It sounds like you want to make a small change so
FOP uses the
ExensibleSVGDOMImplementation instead of
SVGDOMImplementation for all
the elements.