Hmmm... I don't know, but that seems somewhat strange to me... I'm trying to
imagine a use case in which the content of that tag would be needed in the
context of printjobs... Filenames seem to suffice, unless you were using the
same fo over and over performing nothing but a simple text-replace routine
in that file ( bad idea, if you ask me - un-elegant to say the least ).

When you're using XML+XSL the XML-filename should be more than sufficient to
identify the printed documents in a quite reasonable amount of time. Perhaps
the XSL-filename could be added to create a unique id...

Maybe, in a later stage, if the PrintRenderer would be extended even further
to contain a little PrintServer or something - in the context of
separator-pages between different print-jobs the document meta-data could
serve well there.

Just dreamin' away a bit ;)

Greetz,

Andreas