--- Clay Leeds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay
>
> p.s. I guess this means I get to add ant to my list
> of tools in my
> toolbox... :-)

Yes, highly transportable skills in CVS and Ant may be
the two biggest up-front goodies you get by working on
FOP.

Instructions:
1.) Download ant from ant.apache.org

2.) Set the ANT_HOME environment variable to where you
expanded the ant project.  (Similar to JAVA_HOME).

3.) Add the ant binary directory to your PATH so you
can run ant anywhere.

4.) Navigate to the fop working directory and just
type "ant".  It reads the default "target" (build
goal) in build.xml and builds the project
automatically.

I believe Ant has won several developer-productivity
awards--I don't think anyone's ever been "saddled" by
knowing it!

Glen