On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 04:52:10PM -0800, Glen Mazza wrote:
> --- Finn Bock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > The layout dimension that is stored in the FO tree
> > is constantly updated
> > during discovery of BreakPoss'es and is never
> > reused, not even when a
> > block is split over a break where new values are
> > assigned.
> >

> I don't know enough to comment too much on which
> implementation would be better here, but the spec does
> not appear to have much problem (see [1], also Finn's
> earlier reference to the spec's conceptual procedure
> [2]) with back-and-forth processes, updates, etc.
> between the FO Tree and Area Tree.  Indeed, it seems
> to indicate that this kind of interaction does need to
> occur for the process to work correctly.

In my view FOP consists of a number of subsystems that are ordered
from upstream to downstream. The FO tree is the most upstream system,
the area tree (or objects that are constructed by a renderer) is the
most downstream system. Information should flow downstream, not
upstream.

Regards,
Simon Pepping

--