Andreas,

Thanks a lot for your XSL sample. I'll try to play around it during upcoming
week. Quick test on it so far showed me that line 3 from my original sample:

----+----+----+----+
blabla:       text3 after 2 tabs

and this XML corresponding to it:

<par>
        blabla:
        <tab />
        <tab />
        text3 after 2 tabs
</par>

was converted to:

                <fo:table-row>
                        <fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="2"
                                column-number="1">
                                <fo:block>blabla:</fo:block>
                        </fo:table-cell>
                        <fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="8"
                                column-number="2">
                                <fo:block>text3 after 2 tabs</fo:block>
                        </fo:table-cell>
                </fo:table-row>

though I think number-columns-spanned should be equal 3 for the label part
and column-number equal 3 for text part in this case.

Anyway, this is really good basis to extend/enhance.

Now I have a lot of work ahead on this.

Andrejus