OK, got some questions:

1) When I do a build, there are several artifacts created in the build/ directory:

  fop-hyph.jar
  fop.jar
  fop-sandbox.jar
  fop-transcoder-allinone.jar
  fop-transcoder.jar

Obviously fop.jar is the main artifact, but should any of the others be uploaded as Maven artifacts as well?

2) I notice that the FOP binary downloads provide a download for JDK1.3 and one for JDK1.4. Do we need to create Maven artifacts for both, or would choosing one suffice? If just the JDK1.3 jar is uploaded, would users running JDK1.4+ be able to use it?

3) Batik 1.6 is released to the Maven repository as many separate artifacts rather than one monolithic JAR. Are there any of these that FOP does not depend on, that we can exclude from the dependency list? Here are all the artifacts:

  batik-awt-util
  batik-bridge
  batik-css
  batik-dom