On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:12:18AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> On 21.01.2007 22:56:26 Jason Johnston wrote:
> > OK, got some questions:
> >
> > 1) When I do a build, there are several artifacts created in the build/
> > directory:
> >
> >    fop-hyph.jar
> >    fop.jar
> >    fop-sandbox.jar
> >    fop-transcoder-allinone.jar
> >    fop-transcoder.jar
> >
> > Obviously fop.jar is the main artifact, but should any of the others be
> > uploaded as Maven artifacts as well?
>
> At the moment, Batik needs fop-transcoder-allinone.jar (circular
> reference between the two products). The JAR provides PDF and EPS
> production capabilities for Batik's Transcoder API (SVG to * conversion). But
> this dependendy will be resolved within the next months.
>
> fop-hyph.jar only contains stuff if someone adds custom hyphenation
> patterns. Normally, it's quite empty. fop-sandbox.jar currently doesn't
> contain anything that is usable.
>
> In short: no, I currently don't see a need to publish any JAR other than
> fop.jar.

Users would like to use a meaningful fop-hyph.jar in order to get
hyphenation for a number of languages. You can use fop-hyph.jar from
the Offo project,
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/offo/offo-hyphenation-fop-stable.zip?modtime=1168687293&big_mirror=0.
I do not know how this should be deployed in a Maven repository.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu