On Jul 12, 2007, at 20:12, Loran Kary wrote:

Hi

Perhaps I am posting this question on the wrong list or perhaps my question has been asked and answered before.

The latter, in a way...
You asked the same question on fop-users a couple of days ago, where the response was that FOP currently does not yet support this feature.

On the other hand, if you re-posted on fop-dev because you are interested in contributing to a potential solution, then you are in the right place.

Personally, I have not enough insight in the related parts of the FOP- code and the PDF-spec to help you with that, but I'm definitely hoping someone could chime in soon to offer a few ideas on how this can be solved. Just don't forget that it's holiday season in the northern hemisphere. It may take a few days for the right person to pick up...

Cheers