On 7/31/07, Vincent Hennebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Clay,
>
> Thanks for chiming in!

I've committed my changes, so the site should be re-factored. There is
likely a bunch of content in the '0.94' realm that needs updating so
it's more relevant to the current release. In addition, there may be
some pages, which will need some attention (like
'branches/fop-0_94/build/site/0.94/releaseNotes_0.94.html',
'branches/fop-0_94/build/site/0.94/changes_0.94.html' and
'branches/fop-0_94/build/site/0.94/knownissues_overview.html').

> > It didn't take too much to re-factor the site... Just had to adjust
> > the tabs.xml and site.xml documents (and remove the 0.20.5 documents).
> > I'll need to do a `svn delete` for the 0.20.5/ and 0.93/ directories,
> > so let me know if I should do that NOW, or we need to wait until we're
> > more ready for the release.
>
> As I said I already did it, but if you wanna double-check all the
> better. Also, one thing that would be great if you could have a look at,
> is improving the stylesheet a bit. For example the main content is set
> to be displayed at 80% of its size. That should really not be the case
> as the setting for the main text's size should be left to the user's
> choice (I'm ok with reducing the size of e.g. the menu, however). I'm
> not really sure where to change that as the CSS stylesheets seem to
> directly come from the Forrest distribution.

I haven't had a chance to work on the font-size yet, but here're a
couple of links to get started on it if I can't get to it in time:

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#skins

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/skin-package.html

FWIW, I tried modifying the
'branches/fop-0_94/src/documentation/skinconf.xml' file, but it didn't
work. I added the 'p, td, li' declaration to adjust it and make it
larger. I didn't commit my change.

Here are a few locations for the Forrest skin files if you want to
modify them (although the CSS change may be overwritten if someone
else changes it (hence it'd be better to find a 'skinconf.xml'
solution):

apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/skins/pelt/css/profile.css.xslt
fop/trunk/build/site/skin/profile.css
fop/trunk/build/site/skin/profile.css.xslt

However, I think it's somewhat of a 'moot' point, as in the upper
right of the page, there are increase and decrease font-size widget
buttons, and the settings appear to follow you from page to page...

Here's the snippet,

  <!--
    extra-css - here you can define custom css-elements that are
    a. overriding the fallback elements or
    b. adding the css definition from new elements that you may have
       used in your documentation.
    -->
  <extra-css>
    <!--Example of b.
        To define the css definition of a new element that you may have used
        in the class attribute of a <p> node.
        e.g. <p class="quote"/>
    -->
    p, td, li {
      font-size: 94%;
    }
    p.quote {
      margin-left: 2em;
      padding: .5em;
      background-color: #f0f0f0;
      font-family: monospace;
    }
    .yes         { background-color: #99FF99; }
    .no          { background-color: #FF9999; }
    .partial     { background-color: #FFFFCC; }
    .ForrestTable td.basic      { text-align: center; }
    .ForrestTable td.extended   { text-align: center; }
    .ForrestTable td.complete   { text-align: center; }
    .ForrestTable td.na         { text-align: center; }
    .ForrestTable td.yes        { background-color: #99FF99;
text-align: center; }
    .ForrestTable td.no         { background-color: #FF9999;
text-align: center; }
    .ForrestTable td.partial    { background-color: #FFFFCC;
text-align: center; }
    .ForrestTable td.category   { /*background-color: #CFDCED;*/
                                       font-size: 1.2em }

  </extra-css>

Web Maestro Clay

--