Hi Vincent,

On 8/2/07, Vincent Hennebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Web Maestro a écrit :
> > On 7/31/07, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> >> As I said I already did it, but if you wanna double-check all the
> >> better. Also, one thing that would be great if you could have a look at,
> >> is improving the stylesheet a bit. For example the main content is set
> >> to be displayed at 80% of its size. That should really not be the case
> >> as the setting for the main text's size should be left to the user's
> >> choice (I'm ok with reducing the size of e.g. the menu, however). I'm
> >> not really sure where to change that as the CSS stylesheets seem to
> >> directly come from the Forrest distribution.
> >
> > I haven't had a chance to work on the font-size yet, but here're a
> > couple of links to get started on it if I can't get to it in time:
> >
> > http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#skins
> >
> > http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/skin-package.html
> >
> > FWIW, I tried modifying the
> > 'branches/fop-0_94/src/documentation/skinconf.xml' file, but it didn't
> > work. I added the 'p, td, li' declaration to adjust it and make it
> > larger. I didn't commit my change.
>
> Thanks for the pointers. By adding the following in skinconf.xml:
>     #content { font-size: 100% }
> I managed to get normal size for the main text. I didn't commit the
> change because I wasn't sure this was the right place to do that.

That's perfect. Go ahead and commit...

> Strangely enough when I run Forrest on my local copy I get different
> (smaller) font sizes than on the website for all the other elements but
> the main text (without the above change). The screen.css style sheets
> are exactly the same though. I wonder what might be happening?

Can you upload the `forrest` output to your web space, so we can take
a look? Here's the result of mine from last night (without the
#content changes):

http://people.apache.org/~clay/fop-0.94/

> > Here are a few locations for the Forrest skin files if you want to
> > modify them (although the CSS change may be overwritten if someone
> > else changes it (hence it'd be better to find a 'skinconf.xml'
> > solution):
> >
> > apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/skins/pelt/css/profile.css.xslt
> > fop/trunk/build/site/skin/profile.css
> > fop/trunk/build/site/skin/profile.css.xslt
> >
> > However, I think it's somewhat of a 'moot' point, as in the upper
> > right of the page, there are increase and decrease font-size widget
> > buttons, and the settings appear to follow you from page to page...
>
> Still, the user shouldn't have to do anything to retrieve their favorite
> text size. That's a basic accessibility rule IMHO.
> Moreover, I don't get any font-size widget button, again both on my
> local copy and the website!? FWIW I'm using the Trunk of the 0.7 branch.

I wonder if it has to do with your browser setup (what are you
using--browser/version, OS/version w service packs, build etc.)? Have
you tried on another machine? Maybe Forrest needs to have a support
ticket put in about the font resize buttons (and if you prefer the
font-size as well).

--
Regards,

The Web Maestro