Cameron,

ok. I've deployed the artifacts from the -jdk1.4 binary release, and
provided instructions at:

http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/Maven

The directory there is synched with the main maven repository, so the
artifacts should show up within the next 24 hrs.

Letting the maven deploy plugin create the correct directory structure
and needed files is MUCH easier than trying to do this yourself in ant.
I would therefore recommend the use of maven to deploy the maven
artifacts.

For the -jdk1.3 versions, i propose to add -jdk13 to the version, e.g.

<groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
<artifactId>xmlgraphics-commons</artifactId>
<version>1.2-jdk13</version>

and respective for fop.

Max