Cameron,

On Fre, 2007-12-07 at 08:14 +1100, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> > Letting the maven deploy plugin create the correct directory structure
> > and needed files is MUCH easier than trying to do this yourself in ant.
> > I would therefore recommend the use of maven to deploy the maven
> > artifacts.
>
> Understood.  BTW, I see that
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/maven-metadata.xml
> doesn’t mention the 0.93 release in the <versions> element (and the same
> for XML Graphics Commons 1.1).  Is that a problem?

I am not sure, but I've fixed it for both of them.

> > For the -jdk1.3 versions, i propose to add -jdk13 to the version, e.g.
> >
> > <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
> > <artifactId>xmlgraphics-commons</artifactId>
> > <version>1.2-jdk13</version>
> >
> > and respective for fop.
> OK.  I will do the same for Batik then.

one slight caveat:
* the -jdk13 artifacts should be submitted first, otherwise the
maven-metadata has to be edited to use the version without -jdk13 as the
latest (and then the checksums have to be updated as well)

The real question is whether 1.3 maven artifacts need to be submitted,
as maven itself requires 1.4 to work?

Max