Dear Fop Devs,

i think this was the original intention of a "processing instruction". I
really do not see clearly where fox:fail-on-missing-image would go in
the fo tree. A PI could mean: From this point on in the whole document.
HOWEVER: If fop currently uses no PIs (I am not sure about this), then
it should be a fox: extension, to make all behavior similar.

As for the size:

- Always use the size given if given.

Either:
- a 0.0001 x 0.0001 pt empty transparent image OR
- A missing image image, about 1x1 cm: should have a border and a red
"x" (as seen in web browsers, etc.)

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 07:47 -0800, The Web Maestro wrote:
> That all sounds good. As for the extension vs. Config approach, the
> config could specify the default behavior & users could override it
> via individual fox:image-missing-behavior (or
> fox:fail-on-missing-image or something). If there's no
> @fox:[image-missing-behavior] specified, it'll do the config setting
> or log a warning if nothing specified.
>
> Clay

mfG

Max Berger
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
OpenPG ID: E81592BC   Print: F489F8759D4132923EC4 BC7E072AB73AE81592BC
For information about me and my work please see http://max.berger.name