On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 07:18:11PM -0400, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Otherwise, some committer is going to have to be willing to follow the
> instructions at:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#signing up
>
> Unfortunately, those instructions assume a maven build. I'm fairly
> sure that I know what to do instead in your case, but some
> improvisation may follow.
>
>  To be clear, I've submitted the INFRA ticket for you already.

I spent some time on understanding this maven repository business.

I see that xmlgraphics commons and fop are already configured in
Nexus. They are present in the repository with the previous
releases. Does this mean that no action of infrastructure is needed?

The Nexus book suggests that I can upload the bundle from a GUI,
without the need for a maven build. I could get to this interface
screen, but did not try the actual upload.

I think we have to solve some issues with our bundle: Missing in our
POM: the parent section. Missing in our bundle: signatures, md5 and
sha1 checksums for the 3 jar files and the pom file. Should these
files also be included in the bundle?

I will try to get advice on the release-discuss list. Maybe I can do
this deployment, without having to install maven.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu