Simon,

Brian Fox set up Nexus late last night my time after I pinged him,
that's why Nexus is set up.

I have a script that will create the checksums and signatures (using
Maven itself) and push the pieces.

You don't need that parent section. The document mixes up things that
are convenient for maven builds with things that are required.

I plan to push later today.

--benson