On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 07/09/10 10:10, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > On 7/09/2010 4:40 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

<snip/>

> ... then it'd look for local/somejar-2.2.jar within my local repository.
> > If I put the jar where it should be found, no problem.
>
> Is that also how one would handle optional dependencies? For example
> Jeuclid is an optional plug-in; how would I do if I wanted to
> periodically enable/disable it?
>
> At the moment I have a jeuclid.jar in my lib/ directory, that I can just
> rename into jeuclid.jar.disabled if I want to exclude it.

Conditional dependencies on plugins may be best handled through the <scope/>
declaration or by using different profile settings, where profiles can be
either project specific (defined in pom.xml) or user specific (defined in
settings.xml) or both.

Profiles can then be activated on the command line, e.g.,

mvn -P profile-a test
mvn -P profile-b test
mvn -P profile-a,profile-c test