Glenn Adams wrote:
Actually, many fonts from MSFT, Adobe, and others are starting to take advantage of the OpenType GSUB/GPOS and related advanced typographic tables, even for fonts used with Latin and other Western scripts. Since (generic) support for these mechanisms has been added in the Temp_ComplexScripts branch, it is likely the same mechanisms can be used for CFF that reuse these or similar features, though I haven't investigated it.

Fair enough. I'm still bummed that Apple's Pages has better OTF support than Quark 8. FFS. In any case, I guess the big organizational question is: does this all get shoved in the TrueType parsing classes? Or is it time to split things up and devise something quick but more robust than file extension to differentiate the two?

- alex