On 09/08/2012 00:52, Martin Edge wrote:
Hey Chris

Hi Martin,

I had found PDF image in postscript (presumably whatever conversion is going
on) so poor that I presumed it was not meant to work. I have pretty much coded
around it converting the PDFs to images myself.

Most of the processing of the PDF Images in PS output is handled by PDFBox. You should find that upgrading your PDFBox version sufficient to improve the quality of the Postscript output. PDFBox is a very active project and they've completed several releases since 2010.

Thanks,

Chris

Arguably it has been a while since a test - I will see if I can find my old
tests and dust them off.

The font thing will be handy - although I have been getting good at managing
TTF and type 1 fonts finally ;-)

Thanks for getting back to me

Martin

Martin Edge