Devon-

Check J.Pietschmann's reply to your problem.  He explains why your original
command wasn't working, and why Jimi isn't included in the FOP download.  I
believe you can just download Jimi from the Sun site if you want it, but
I've been running with the batch file as is, with no problems.  It appears
that if you specify a bad classpath, it's simply ignored, rather than
bringing everything to a halt.

-Jeff

                    "L'eau"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    o.com>               cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: I get a mysterious
NoClassDefFoundError
                    05/02/2002

                    04:24 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    fop-user

AAhh i see. Thanx. I ignored That batch file, because it had the
jimi.jar in it's path, and since that jar didn't come with my
download I assumed that batch was for something totally
different. Any idea where I can get a copy of the jimi.jar? I'm
thinking that if I simply have that, it will solve all my
problems. If I download an old copy of FOP, and use THAT
jimi.jar, might it work in the latest FOP?

Devon

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Devon-
>
> OK, I'm confused too.  I don't have a jimi-1.0.jar (or any
> jimi*.jar, for
> that matter)  I'm attaching the .bat that came with my
> download (I
> downloaded last Friday, so I would think they'd be the same,
> since the
> download directory we both pulled from shows the package being
> last
> uploaded on March 4th.
>
> I don't think it'll make any difference, though, since you
> seem to be
> including everything that is there.  I'm not familiar enough
> with Java
> (I've done a little programming in it, but when apps start
> using multiple
> jars, it becomes black magic to me) to have any answer, other
> than using
> the .bat file that works for me.  I do think you're correct in
> the
> assumption that your OS shouldn't matter (I'm on XP, BTW.)
>
> Here are the contents of my batch file:
>
> java -cp

build\fop.jar;lib\batik.jar;lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;lib\avalon-framework-4.0.jar;lib\logkit-1.0.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar