Devon-

I think you're missing a jar in there.  My call to FOP includes the
following -cp parameter:

-cp
build\fop.jar;lib\batik.jar;lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;lib\avalon-framework-4.0.jar;lib\logkit-1.0.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar

I didn't see the path to the jimi-1.0,jar in your classpaths, and I'm not
sure what ant.jar is.  I guess including the path to jimi.jar would be my
first attempt.

Just out of curiosity, why aren't you using the fop.bat that comes in the
downloadable package?

-Jeff

                    "L'eau"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    o.com>               cc:

                                         Subject:     I get a mysterious
NoClassDefFoundError
                    05/01/2002

                    10:43 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    fop-user

Hi, I'm new to the list.

I don't have any clue why this is happening to me. I've spent
the past 4 hours trying to figure this out. I stumbled onto a
similar error message in the archives here, and it helped me
realize I needed to add the classpaths, but I'm still having the
error. I'm using the latest version of FOP, with J2SDK 1.4.

C:\xsl\build>java -cp
c:\xsl\libs\ant.jar;c:\xsl\libs\avalon-framework-4.0.jar;c:
\xsl\lib\batik.jar;c:\xsl\lib\logkit-1.0.jar;c:\xsl\lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;c:
\xsl\lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;c:\xsl\build\fop.jar
-jar fop.jar -xml xmlfoRef.xml -xsl xml2pdf.xsl -pdf output.pdf
org/apache/log/format/Formatter
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:16)

  I just don't get it, and I'm on the verge of going postal.
Thanx in advance for all help, guidance, or suggestions. BTW,
who do I send a message to about the FOP website and
documentation seriously needing to give workable examples of how
to run the program? It quite misled me and I nearly gave up on
it (but couldn't find another free XSL-FO renderer as an
alternative so I had to return to this stressful thing).

Devon