Devon-

OK, I'm confused too.  I don't have a jimi-1.0.jar (or any jimi*.jar, for
that matter)  I'm attaching the .bat that came with my download (I
downloaded last Friday, so I would think they'd be the same, since the
download directory we both pulled from shows the package being last
uploaded on March 4th.

I don't think it'll make any difference, though, since you seem to be
including everything that is there.  I'm not familiar enough with Java
(I've done a little programming in it, but when apps start using multiple
jars, it becomes black magic to me) to have any answer, other than using
the .bat file that works for me.  I do think you're correct in the
assumption that your OS shouldn't matter (I'm on XP, BTW.)

Here are the contents of my batch file:

java -cp
build\fop.jar;lib\batik.jar;lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;lib\avalon-framework-4.0.jar;lib\logkit-1.0.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar

org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c conf/userconfig.xml %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8

It should be untouched from the time I downloaded it, other than the -c
conf/userconfig.xml parameter I added to use some custom fonts.  Hope that
helps.  If not, post back, and perhaps someone wiser than I can help.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

  Now I'm confused. I downloaded FOP from
http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/ , just this morning. It didn't
include a jimi.jar and it didn't include any .bat files either.
I included ever .jar file that was in my lib directory, in the
classpath. Is there another place that I can download from? I'm
using Windows ME, but I don't think that would matter would it
(since it's all java)?

Devon