Ok, I can now answer some of my questions myself ;-)
I use the Fop class instead of the Driver class, right?
I'll try to change the code according to the source of FopServlet,
putting the extra steps somwhere between.

But some questions remain:

a) What about the configuration? I have had the following for
fop-20.0.5:
                org.apache.fop.configuration.Configuration.put("baseDir",
ctx.getRealPath("/"));
org.apache.fop.configuration.Configuration.put("fontBaseDir",
ctx.getRealPath("/WEB-INF/fonts"));
org.apache.fop.configuration.Configuration.put("strokeSVGText",
"false");
File userConfigFile = new File(ctx.getRealPath(CONFIG_FILE));
                new Options(userConfigFile);

b) My app already uses commons.logging with log4j. May I just do nothing
more and FOP will log onto the same appender as my servlet does?

Greetings!
sonja

Am Montag, den 12.09.2005, 11:40 +0200 schrieb Sonja Löhr:
> Hi!
>
> After inspecting the new compliance page (:-)) great improvements!!), I
> finally downloaded the trunk and built it.
> Now my servlet code is missing several packages/classes :
> org.apache.fop.messaging
> org.apache.fop.configuration
> and classes in org.apache.fop.apps (Driver and Options)
>
> Did I miss some sources or where can I find documentation about a new
> way of programmatic configuration, logging and Servlet integration?
> Sorry, I'm a bit lost in the developer's section of the fop site.
>
> Thank you for some hints,
> I would love to use the new features!
>
> sonja

Sonja Löhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>