Vincent Hennebert wrote:

<snip />

>>> OK, I added <font-base>.</font-base> to the fop.xconf. But the result is
>>> the same ... btw., I'm not sure which directory is meant with "."?
>>>
>> Errm, if I'm correct then the "." is to be interpreted as relative to
>> the source document...
>>

> Actually it corresponds to the working directory i.e., the directory
> from which you launch the command.
> Which is totally counter-intuitive... According to the URI
> specification, relative URIs inside the fop.xconf file should be
> resolved against the URI of the config file itself, which sounds pretty
> logical.
> This needs to be improved, but meanwhile the workaround is to use
> absolute URIs, as you did.

I agree: for example, I got the FOP somwhere in /opt and symbolic links
from /usr/local/bin to it, my fonts are again in other locations
somewhere in the filesystem :-) - so, this is a little bit confusing and
a little bit complicated to write a good tutorial for adding fonts.

Sorry for that, but I'm not realy satisfied with the fonts which are
implemented in the FOP, so I converted some of my most beloved free /
OpenSource fonts. When the license of the font allows it, it would be
nice to have something like an additional font pack wich could be simply
downloaded and integrated into FOP. What do you think about this idea?

Best,

Tom

--
http://www.thomas-zastrow.de