On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 07:08:45PM -0300, Matthias Reischenbacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems with hyphenation of text in polish language. A
> polish translator checked a 200 pages PDF file generated by FOP and
> found over 30 hyphenation errors.
>
> I double checked if the language attribute was correctly set on the
> fo:root element.
>
> Is it possible that the hyphenation pattern is just wrong in some
> cases? If that's the case, are there any other hyphenation patterns

Yes, that is possible.

> that can be used (including commercial ones)?

At
http://sourceforge.net/projects/offo/files/offo-hyphenation-utf8/0.1/offo-hyphenation-fop-stable-utf8.zip/download
you will find some new hyphenation patterns, which you can try. They
are based on the current UTF-8 hyphenation patterns in TeX. I do not
know if the Polish patterns are really different from the old
ones. You need fop-1.0 to use these patterns.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu