On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 01:08:39PM -0300, Matthias Reischenbacher wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> thanks for your response. In this case I don't want to prevent
> hyphenation. The problem is, that the hyphenation is done
> incorrectly. I might end up adding some exceptions in order to
> disable hyphenation for some words but that's only a suboptimal
> solution.

Can you not use discretionary hyphens in your fo file?

> On 10.09.2010 12:44, Georg Datterl wrote:
> >Hi Matthias,
> >
> >I don't quite understand why keep-together does not work for you, but if you
> >only have a few words where you want to prevent hyphenation, you can write
> >exceptions directly into the pattern file.

I think you would have to take the source XML hyphenation pattern
file, and edit that. Then remove the compiled hyp file from the jar
and add the edited source file. You can also compile the source file
(for efficiency); there is an ant task for it.

The only other hyphenation patterns I know are those of OpenOffice.
They are often also derived from the TeX patterns, but not always. I
do not know how to use the OOo patterns in FOP or convert them to FOP.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu