First, I understand why this issue is annoying. When I open the document Adobe defaults in my monitor to a 170% zoom and the problem is clearly visible. Incidentally the problem is not visible at 100%.

But I looked at the document and can guarantee that the problem is with Adobe Reader. The thickness of the segments are always the same. In FOP 0.20.5 the cell that spans three columns is drawn with 4 segments. In FOP 1.0 the cell is drawn with 8 segments. Maybe due to some rounding error Adobe is drawing the middle segments at a different thickness for some magnification values, but in the PDF the thickness is always the same.

I suggest you change your table layout. Maybe by nesting tables you can achieve the same visual output without needing to use spanning across columns...